Monday, June 21, 2010

The Russians are coming, the Russians are...... here??


I never thought I would see the day when a Russian Navy ship would be docked in San Francisco.  I'm perhaps one of the final generation of Americans who was taught that the former Soviet Union could someday attack us and change our way of life.

This ship is part of a peace mission.  Russian President Medvedev is scheduled to be here tomorrow and this Russian Navy ship is part of a joint peace mission.  I'm sure someone in Russia was thinking or saying the same thing..... I never thought I would see an American Navy ship in a Russian port.

Sorry for the poor quality photo.  This was a close as I could get without having the SFPD, US Foreign Security Service and not to mention some Russian Security people come and chase me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment