Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another Ending and Another Loss...




On the late night news a few days ago, a story about a local San Francisco grocery store closing down came as a shock.  I know that most people would say.... "what's the big deal, stores and business close down every day".  To an extent this is very true.

However, this one hits home on a personal note as well as a piece of history.  Not just San Francisco history but American history.  Not just the fact that this store stayed in business for 105 years.  Not just the fact that this is one of the very few businesses in a neighborhood that took the brunt of a racist executive order during World War II.

Photo two contains the story to which I hope you will be able to read.

The personal note comes from my childhood and the recent fact that with a very special person in my life paid this store a visit a few months ago.  Little did I realize that the purchase of some nick-nack-snack that she wanted would be my very last time that I would step foot inside this store.

I know that things change and that nothing lasts forever.  Just that it seems so much of the fabric that makes this country great is going away.

No comments:

Post a Comment