Tuesday, September 11, 2012

MAGIC...





Back in 1971, my very 1st camera was a Polaroid Super Colorpack Land Camera.  My last photo from that camera came around 1979.

Today, I shot this model camera once again.  It is just like riding a bike.  All the sensations and the weird way of focusing this camera came back as second nature.

Pulling the little white tab to get the film pull leader out.  Evenly pulling the film away from the camera, setting the timer and then after 15 seconds.... the magic moment.

33 years after the last time I did it, I peeled away a chemical backing and saw the images above.

Something very special and a feeling that's hard to describe.

Don't get me wrong.... I still love all those other cameras and the things they can do which is light years ahead of this old Polaroid.

There was a single word that was associated with Polaroid.  In news articles, ad campaigns, etc...

That word still holds true today "MAGIC"

No comments:

Post a Comment