Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Oh my...

 

 
Photographic tools is just that... tools. 
Photography requires not only the tools but a lot of things human in order to create an image. 

While at a great photographer's store and hang out, CameraWest in Walnut Creek, California, a fellow tech industry and kindred spirit named Ron Harris came in.

He has been lucky enough to have his hands on one of the latest lenses that have been a buzz in the photography world for many months.  The Carl Zeiss Outus 55mm f/1.4 lens.

Initially, my thought was... it's going to be good, it's gong to be nice, it'll be nice to have but I can do ok without.

I've been really lucky to have had my hands on and used some of the finest photographic tools in the world.  I've been spoiled.

Ron, being an outstanding soul, handed me the lens to try. 

My 1st shot was of my Zeiss 50mm lens sitting on the counter.

My 1st words... "Oh my god, holly _____", followed by a lot of primal grunts, grins and unintelligible words.

Santa.... I know what I want for Christmas.  Stop off at CameraWest with a box from Zeiss to me.

Here's some low res quick shots taken...


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment