Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Just another shot...

Talk about being spoiled and getting dependent on technology.

A boring shot like this would take perhaps a second to shoot today.
As I get older, I find something very satisfying in having to do things myself.  The camera had NO automation.  No zoom or macro.  Fixed focal length.  Heck, not even any sort of light meter.  Used a handheld light meter to do several zone meter measurements.  Thought about what I wanted.  Figured out what aperture and shutter speed to use.  Had to take into account that I was stuck to just one film speed (ISO), physically cock the shutter, stand and breath correctly, squeeze the shutter release, pull out the film, wait and ta-da.... result.

Instead of 1 or 2 seconds.  5 minutes.... and it feels sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment